PowerColor Radeon R7 250 - AMD Center Giveawayby Anand Lal Shimpi on March 21, 2014 2:00 PM EST
The month of Radeon R7 250 giveaways continues! Last week we chose three winners for a stack of MSI Radeon R7 250s, and this week AMD is giving us three more - this time courtesy of PowerColor - to give away.
Lately there's been a lot of excitement around value video cards. Part of it is due to the simple fact that for low resolution gaming, you can generally approximate the experience of a modern game console with fairly low end hardware.
Late last year AMD announced its Radeon R7 250, an Oland based part priced at $89 for the value discrete market. The R7 250 also serves as an interesting Dual Graphics/CrossFire option for Kaveri users looking to increase the performance of their processor graphics.
AMD wants to give a bunch of these R7 250s away to users who can really use them. This week we're giving away three Radeon R7 250s from MSI to three lucky readers.
Here's the deal. To enter, simply post a comment below (US residents only, please only make a single post, contest requirements below) explaining your current PC setup and why you want, or need to win a Radeon R7 250. What I'm looking for here is an understanding of what your current system configuration is, why the Radeon R7 250 matters you and how you'd use it. Make your entries good as they may come in handy for some other stuff we've got planned in the future. If your entry from last time still applies, feel free to re-use it.
If you win, AMD wants your feedback on the GPU after you get it. You'll be asked to provide a short review (a paragraph or two, or video if you'd like) talking about your experience with the card. Do a good job and your feedback may even be featured on AnandTech.
|AMD Radeon R7 250 Specifications|
|AMD Radeon R7 250|
|Memory Clock||4.6GHz GDDR5|
|Memory Bus Width||128-bit|
|Typical Board Power||65W|
|Manufacturing Process||TSMC 28nm|
Entries will be accepted from 2:00 PM ET on 3/21/2014 through 2:00 PM ET on 3/26/2014. We will draw 3 winner(s) who will be selected by 3/27/2014.
Official Rules and Regulations for AnandTech Sweepstakes
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
Upon entering any contest, sweepstakes, or promotion (a “Promotion”) offered by anandtech.com (the “Site”), a website owned and operated by AnandTech, Inc. (“AnandTech”), you must agree to the following Official Rules and Regulations (the “Rules”) as well as any additional rules governing a specific Promotion that AnandTech publishes on the Site.
BEFORE ENTERING A PROMOTION, READ THESE RULES AND THE SITE’S TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PRIVACY INFORMATION. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES AND THE SITE’S TERMS, CONDITIONS AND PRIVACY INFORMATION.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility. Promotions are open to entrants who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry, and a legal resident of the United States (excluding Puerto Rico). Entries are limited to individuals only who are not presently banned from AnandTech’s website or comments section; commercial enterprises and business entities are not eligible. Directors, officers, employees, contractors, and agents of AnandTech (excluding volunteer AnandTech forum moderators) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, and children) are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Rules and AnandTech’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters relating to a Promotion.
- Entry Period. Each Promotion will contain a specific time period within which entries will be accepted (a “Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period for this Promotion shall run from 2:00 PM ET on 3/21/2014 through 2:00 PM ET on 3/26/2014. Only entries received during the Promotion Period will be accepted.
- How to Enter. Each Promotion will describe an entry procedure. AnandTech is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by AnandTech. All entries must be in English. Individuals are automatically entered in this Promotion by signing up for AnandTech’s Comments at http://anandtech.com/Account/Register and posting a reply to this post. If randomly selected as a winner individuals must provide full name, complete mailing address, telephone number, AnandTech user name and birth date within 3 days of being contacted.
- Limits on Entry. An individual may enter a Promotion once only. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other means that permits an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or in excess of the entry limitations is prohibited.
- Prizes. Winning a gift, prize, or other promotional item (a “Prize”) in a Promotion is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements in these Rules. Winners will be selected in a random drawing of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. AnandTech will notify Prize winners using the contact information provided in the winning entry. Failure to claim a Prize by the time or in the manner specified in the particular Promotion will invalidate any claim to the Prize. Prizes are not transferable. The odds of winning a Prize or the Grand Prize depend on the number of entries received by AnandTech. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ARE NOT EXCHANGEABLE FOR FAIR MARKET VALUE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANANDTECH DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRIZES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. For this Promotion, 3 winner(s) will be selected by 3/27/2014 and will each receive a PowerColor R7 250 Graphics Card described above (“Grand Prize”). The Total U.S. Retail Value of the Grand Prize is $89. The Grand Prize may not be substituted for cash. The Grand Prize winner will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes, fees, and surcharges associated with receipt and/or use of the Grand Prize. After the Grand Prize winner has been notified and has complied with all applicable Rules, AnandTech will post the Grand Prize winner’s name on this website.
- Publicity. The winner of a Promotion agrees to allow AnandTech to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information, and biographical information for publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation where permitted by law.
- Governing Law. These Rules and all Promotions are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of North Carolina, without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within Wake County, North Carolina. By entering a Promotion, entrants consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of North Carolina and the federal courts located within North Carolina with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of that Promotion.
- General Terms. Any failure by an entrant, including any prize winner, to comply with any of the Rules or the Site’s Terms, Conditions and Privacy Information may result in disqualification from the Promotion. All entries, whether they are eligible entries or ineligible entries, are the exclusive property of AnandTech. AnandTech is not responsible for any typographical errors in the Rules or in any other communication surrounding a Promotion or for any technical malfunction or error relating to the Promotion. AnandTech reserves the right to amend or interpret the Rules at any time, upon published notice to participants on its website. Promotion participants agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless AnandTech and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability regarding the Promotion, including any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) regarding the use or misuse of any Prize, any event beyond AnandTech’s control resulting in the disruption, cancellation, or postponement of the receipt of the Prize, or any typographical errors or technical malfunctions associated with the Promotion. AnandTech reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it, in its sole discretion, determines (i) to be in violation of the Rules, (ii) submitted by fraud or by tampering with the entry process, or (iii) contains inaccurate or fraudulent information. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IN THE EVENT SUCH AN ATTEMPT OCCURS, ANANDTECH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Post Your CommentPlease log in or sign up to comment.
View All Comments
TechNinja49 - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkI have an i7 but I'm stuck with a measly GTS 240. I would gladly take it!
bremen231 - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkPick me
whippet20 - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkone of these days, maybe I'll win one. PICK ME!
konistehrad - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkYes please!
firstname.lastname@example.org - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkNo Pick me I like amd cards
LoliDama - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkI'm a student and my budget is very limited, since I'm only able to work on weekends. Receiving a ~$100 piece of hardware would help me an immense amount in paying for my current computer build.
I would use this card on a PC build which would provide me with a platform for audio editing, 3D modeling, light video editing, and gaming. I'm an aspiring musician and game developer; this card would provide me with the power I need for my projects. I don't currently have a desktop computer, only a locked-down laptop provided by my school (I don't even have permission to install applications).
If I do win this card, in addition to the text review; I'll write, record, and mix a song and video detailing my experience with the contest and the card itself.
JaimeX - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkAnandtech- the best as usual!
emironov - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkThis would be great to get!
kaoman - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkI've progressively upgraded my "value" build over the past 8 years. My last video card upgrade was a Radeon 4870 purchased 3 years ago - and it has tied me over quite well since then.
However, I recently moved and my utility costs have increased dramatically. I'm also traveling a lot... so I've decided to convert my desktop from being 24/7 powered to focus on being silent and "instant on", like my ultrabook.
To that end, I've picked up a lower wattage E8400 CPU, 240gb Crucial SSD and Corsair CX430 PSU. I've tossed the water cooler and installed a tower cooler with low speed fan. The last piece to the puzzle would be updating the video card.
My view has always been updating to the latest generation CPU / motherboard / ram is cost prohibitive (and not future proof). I believe updating the GPU and hard disk should improve casual gaming / daily performance the most given the $ spent. I intend to put that to the test.
Noirx7 - Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - linkMy 13 year old needs this! I need to stop hearing him complain how slow the computer is...